Saturday, June 15, 2013

French Macarons

French Macarons


I've been super duper busy lately, until there's no time to blog anymore. I was lethargic most of the time and couldn't divide my time between work commitments and house chores. That's why this blog has been abandoned for three months. When I started this blog four years ago, I thought that  this space would become my "place", where I could share my baking inventions and thoughts on life. However, it didn't go as planned. Along the years, I've seen myself being overwhelmed by work commitments and pressures. No more simplicities in life for me, and that made me very unhappy. Last few years,  whenever I had work pressures or things didn't go well in my personal life, I used to spend time doing a little bit of gardening  or bake something in the morning. But nowadays, I hardly got the luxury to spend time for myself. It's always doing bits of everything for someone else, without being acknowleged for the things I do.

      However, a few days ago, my friend Nuyui  of cake2u,  called me for a recipe and she asked me of my absence of blogging these few months. And that got me thinking ;). Before fb, instagram and twitter, blogging used to be my therapeutic space. It was definitely my first love, where I could "blabber" and share my thoughts, doing inventions of cupcakes and nobody bothers to read anything on it. But to do that- it's such a luxury nowadays. Life is full of surprises and it doesn't help thinking that our own happiness would be sacrifised just to make the others happy. Hmmm..;(


    Well, enough of blabbering- back to this post. These macarons- I didn't bake them. I bought them in Jaya Grocer and they costed me RM29.90 for 12 plumpy "petit"  pieces. The taste? Wow, it's something different from the usual Malaysian macarons I bought in various cafes or chocolates' store. These macarons are rightfully plumpy, crunchy, chewy and adictive at the same time. I've tasted the framboise and pistachio flavours and they are simply out of the world. The sweetness is of the right balance and their textures are a bit smooth as well. I could even taste the richness of almond meal. For RM29.90, I would say these jewels are worth buying. Mind you, they came all the way from La France. They tasted like almond biscuits and not like some fancy overly sweet egg white and almond meal creations that I have tasted along the years. Some local Malaysian macarons are good, but some failed to make me rave about them. These macarons are what macarons should taste like, they make you realise that they are of their own standards. Apparently, they are in the league of their own. These are srumptiously almond biscuits which deserve their own accolades. These are gems.



Twelve flavours at the same time ;)
After tasting these macarons, I don't know whether I have the guts to bake macarons again. A few years ago, I did try to bake them but failed miserably. Up until now, I didn't have the courage to bake them again. There are so many recipes to choose from and I have six books just on macarons but still, I couldn't have the patience to try them all. Say it  whether it's Italian or French technique, I still have nightmares on doing macarons. That's why you see me blogging about macarons over the years. None of these, I baked. For the time being, I think I will stick to buying macarons rather than baking them. Wait until I have the "calling" to bake them and achieve the best results.

I go crazy on these :)

The box is presentable as well.
 On a final note, let  me show you some well-deserving pictures of French Macarons and I hope that they will give you a pleasant start on a Sunday morning. Happy Sunday, everyone ;)

Could you see the texture of the pistachio macaron?


My brother went to Paris and he bought for me this box of macarons from the queen of confectionary
-Laduree ;). Will blog about this in the next post.


2 comments:

Cake2u said...

nyum..nyum.....oh saya dah craving macs....will try to make these diva tomorrow as my baking freind gave me 1/2 littre of egg whites..... mintak2 rajin tu datang.....kak the laduree mesti divine kan?....but today plan to bake hummingbird cake tak jadi coz the main ingredient tak dak.... sedey..

Anonymous said...

Lah tak jadi ke? Nanti bila senang2, akak dtg visit nurul armed with a box of french macs from jaya grocer. Laduree ni sedap sgt2, kalau dkt boleh bg rasa.. Nizaineese

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...