Sunday, March 25, 2012

Carrot and Pecan Cake- Again?


Carrot and pecan cake with cream cheese frosting, topped with roasted pecans and sugar flowers
 
My sister brought this to her neighbour's house
 I say that it must be a baking madness this weekend, as I have baked three cakes in a row. A carrot and pecan cake, a banana bread and then back to carrot and pecan again. Family and friends seemed to like this carrot cake again and again. Not only that, they specifically asked for this particular cake.

    I baked this cake as requested by my elder sister- she wanted to give this to her neighbour. Again, it was a last-minute order, and being me the ever obliged sister, decided to bake this at 4.00 am on Saturday. Yes, rushing again as I had an obligation at 9.00 a.m, the same morning. The neighbour's party was supposedly to  start at 3.00 p.m. So, you could imagine my rushing here and there. What with the baking part, the cooling process and the frosting part. All to be done by 9.00 a.m.

On top of that, I went and bake this banana bread ( the third time successful attempt- that I have mentioned in the earlier post). I was just crazy to do a two- time baking spree. Well, sometimes when we have that baking bug, we could not even stop for a moment. We just need to bake and bake. What took me long was that, I underestimated the  baking time for the banana bread. The middle of the bread was liquidy a bit, so off it went into the oven again. Perhaps the temperature was a bit too low for the bread.

Can't get enough of this- Banana Bread

Back to this carrot and pecan cake, my sister was happy as I finally managed to bake the cake that she liked most. At first, I forgot that I had promised her earlier on and I thought that the party would be next week. Luckily, she called me on Friday evening and reminded me on the promise. Well, I thought I could go nuts at that time. Well, short-term memory syndrome must have got into me. Finally, I managed to bake the cake as requested and happily went to my meeting armed with a banana bread.

I went mild this time- just to keep it simple...
A crazy baking weekend? Yes, it definitely was, but I was happy as well. Happy days ahead, everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...