Thursday, December 30, 2010

Classic Butter Cupcakes



I have always liked classic butter cakes. Those melt-in-the mouth sensations when we bite a tiny bit of butter cakes could only be in our imaginations. Pure heaven... One thing for sure, I have always have these fond memories of my late maternal grandmother who would never failed to whip up a good home-baked marble cake. That is why I have always on the search for a good recipe of marble cake, just like my grandmother used to bake. I have never get hold of my grandmother's original recipe, my mother was never interested in home baking- (yes, surprisingly- if you may ask -I might get this baking bug passed from my late grandmother ), have been asking around my relatives- but my cousin kept forgetting to give me the original's. So, my search began and what a delight to have discovered a good reliable recipe. The one that came close to my grandmother's. As usual, I have adapted the original pound cake recipe by Susannah Blake to classic butter cupcakes. Here goes the recipe, as asked by my fellow friends ;
Ingredients
200g butter (unsalted)
280g caster sugar
6 eggs
270g plain flour
2 tsp of baking powder
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of salt
* Variations for cocoa batter (if you want to do marble or just plain chocolate cupcakes)
## 3-4 tbs of cocoa powder
How
1) Preheat the oven t0 180C (350F).
2) Prepare your cupcake cases in the muffin pan
3) Beat together butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
4) Beat in eggs one by one.
5) Sift flour and baking powder. Fold in the the sifted flour into the mixture.
6) Stir in the milk and vanilla.
7) Spoon the batter into cupcake cases. (until 3/4 full)
6) Bake them for about 30 minutes ( they can be less - check if they are ready, by inserting a skewer in the centre. If the skewer comes out clean - the cakes are ready)
## To do marbling, just put aside half of the butter batter, sift the cocoa powder, add the cocoa powder into the batter. Spoon the butter batter, followed by the cocoa mixture, and lastly put another spoon of the butter batter.
Happy baking, everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...