Thursday, June 26, 2008

Peanut Butter Cupcakes



These are pictures of my Peanut Butter Cupcakes which I have donated to students for a fund-raising project. I have frosted them using Peanut Butter Cream Frosting but since I was in a rush, I forgot to take photos of frosted cupcakes. Since I was donating and not for own consumption, I have replaced my favourite Philly's all-purpose flour for the usual Cap Sauh enriched flour. I still used my unsalted butter as my idea of charity did not include of minimizing my ingredients. Too bad, the kids did not appreciate my hard work. I thought that there were nice, but it took a while for the kids to have a " liking " for cupcakes.
Yes, for this side of Shah Alam, the idea of embracing cupcakes is so foreign-so alien-like out of this world. Sometimes, I pity them deep down in my heart. When I was at their age, I gladly liked foreign culture-imaginations ran free-I mean all the good ones- such as my treasured Enid Blyton books, but strange enough, when I went studying in Enid Blyton's land-I ended buying tonnes of cookery books and entertainment magazines. I was thinking whether these kids are actually the products of "country" versus "town" polarization. Hmm.. like studying socio-culture or socio-economics / sociolinguistics area....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...