Wednesday, December 1, 2010

No Butter Muffins

Blueberry muffins- I have used fresh ones instead of frozen blueberries

Chocolate muffins- with chocolate chips

My chocolate muffins are plumping up


Believe me- there is no butter in these muffins



When I first read this recipe, I thought that it was a typo-error. This muffin recipe called for no butter at all. It only used milk, sugar, vanilla and so on. I read the recipe twice and it didn't mention butter. Well, call it something that is out of the box, so my experiment begin. The blueberry muffin did not rise well enough because I didn't cream the eggs and sugar with my mixer. Then, I 've realised my mistake. I should have creamed the eggs and sugar first, before adding the flour. Next, I did the chocolate muffins. I have creamed the eggs and sugar well enough. Better than the first blueberry muffin batch. After that, my chocolate muffins did rise well enough. The muffins really plumped up. And who would have guessed there is definitely no butter in these muffins. Well, perhaps we must never be afraid to try out out of the box recipes, recipes which are not that conventional right.... Verdict- sold-out muffins at the work place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...