Friday, July 25, 2008

Frosted Chocolate and Zucchini Cupcakes




These are pictures of frosted Chocolate and Zucchini Cupcakes. I have used Chocolate Ganache, as I thought that the ganache would go well with the cupcakes. Using half of a bar of unsalted butter, 1 big bar of Van Houten baking chocolate, 2 tbsp of sour cream, a pinch of salt, 1 tbsp of Vochelle cocoa powder, 1tbsp of fresh milk, 1tbsp of icing sugar, 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of caster sugar-voila. I think I have arrived on the right taste of chocolate frosting.




I have put everything in the double-boiler which I have bought from IKEA. I have whisked all the ingredients together until it has arrived to the right consistency. Then I continued whisking it and put off the heat. To cool the ganache, I have replaced the pot of hot water with the cold one. To me, the IKEA double boiler was worth my money. Before this, I have always used my Corningware bowl on top of a pot of hot water.



To top off the ganache, I have used chocolate curls. The chocolate curls are Hershey's special dark baking chocolate - I have curled the chocolate using potato peeler.....a secret I've discovered from experiences.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...