Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love is red velvet ......




Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
  


Red lovelies

Hi, it's already February... Times does fly, I guess. I was busy during the month of January, so I kind of postponing all my posts. But today, I have made some ammendments. I am going to post a few entries to make up for the lost time.  In the month of January, I was sick with viral fever and on top of that, I had an appointment with my ENT consultant, nothing serious though... and I am recovering now ;). Well, back to this entry, I had done a baking project for my friend, S. She had requested me to bake for her sister's wedding since last year. So, true to my promise, even if I was extremely busy and not feeling quite well, I  had managed to fulfill her request. So, there went 65 red velvet cupcakes on a good Thursday morning of 24th of January, 2013. I started baking from five in the morning and finished frosting and packing those cupcakes by two in the afternoon. Fuh, it was really a mammoth project for a novice baker like me.

    The truth was, it had been three years since I last baked red velvet cakes. I kind of got bored with red velvet, until my friend persuaded me to bake these red lovelies.. On top of that, this was my first time doing red velvet cupcakes. Before this, I have only baked red velvet cakes. Well, there will always be the first time moments right...

 

Pinkish red velvet batter ...
 
I have used my usual recipe from the Joy of Baking website. Please  click -  red velvet cupcakes. I have replaced the use of double cream in the cream cheese frosting recipe with  2 tbsp of  SCS unsalted butter and 3 tbsp of Farmcows Fat spread (Blended Edible Vegetable Fats and Milk Fat). I have also added  1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.


Red velvet cupcakes baking in the oven




 Eventually, you could always find your own favourite cream cheese frosting recipe and make some adjustments here and there. Well, you just have to find the recipe which suits you best.


Red velvet cupcakes to die for....

Back to these red lovelies, I went shabby chic  this time, as I was totally exhausted the day before. I topped the cream cheese frosting with ready made sugar flowers from Queen and pink- coloured sugar sprinkles from CK products. All done with such enthusiasm and quality decorations for the bride-to-be. Since I was rushing, I had only managed to take these cupcakes' pictures after they had been packed in boxes. There was not even time to have a better setting for photography session.


I went shabby chic this time...
  Well, it was nice to do wedding projects at times, as I was really satisfied at the end of the day. Never mind for me feeling extremely lethargic a day after as I got to make others happy too. I wish all the best for the newly -weds and may happy moments sail through the ocean of their new life. Congratulations....



Love is red velvet... ; )
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...