Sunday, September 2, 2012

Merdeka Raya 2012 - Eid



It's a Merdeka Raya - Malaysia's Independence Day
  
My son playing with the "bunga api"...

I think it's not too late to wish Happy Independence Day to all Malaysians. This year, we are very lucky to have Eid cum Independence Day. What a busy Eid for me this year, with work loads, entertaining relatives and cousins who thronged  my parents' house in Melaka and  my grandmother's house in Rembau, Negeri Sembilan. I guess, I truly enjoyed this year's Eid celebration as I got to spend time with my siblings and cousins. I took many pictures and really liked to capture the celebrative mood  in everyone's faces. And people always say, a picture tells a thousand word. It's definitely true. I am sharing the happiness for Eid among my family members and letting the pictures to speak for themselves...

 

Azeem and Grandpa
   

Grandfather's house- Villa Sentosa, Melaka
 
 

Raya Tent...
  
 

The Bridge near my Grandfather's House
  


And nothing beats the feel of celebrating Eid in my grandma's house in Rembau, Negeri Sembilan
  


Grandma's house- always been captivated by its beauty and simplicity
 
Loved this stair case

 


Motifs found near the staircase at my grandma's house



Coconut trees at my garndma's house...


Eid is definitely a time to reflect on memories of yesteryears and hoping for the best things to come.....
Cousins and second cousins

After all
 
Eid is about spending time

With our loved ones

And bonding with cousins and sisters



Eventually, it's a happy Eid for me too, and I hope it goes the same for all the Muslims around the world... Have a joyous celebration.



And life is beautiful, indeed....






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...