Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eid's Cakes - Walnut Orange Baked Cheese Cake and Hummingbird

Walnut Orange Baked Cheese Cake - With Apricot Glaze, Cut-out Orange Slices, Shaved Chocolate
and Maraschino Cherry



Hummingbird Cake -With Cream Cheese Frosting, Topped With Roasted Pecans, Sugar Flowers and Fresh Cherry

I will just do a quick entry in this blog. Ramadhan is going to end real soon, and here I am baking two cakes as requested by a friend. I have accepted the order two weeks ago, and even if I am short of time to do Eid's preparations, I have to keep to my promise. Ms A had requested a Hummingbird, and was unsure on what to order for the second one. Therefore, I have suggested a baked cheese cake, and she agreed . This was my second time baking this cheese cake, the first one was for another friend. I got the recipe from my 13 year- old baking book, which I bought when I was a student in the UK.

   My friend, Ms EL was asking for a cheese cake, and I had searched low and below for a reliable recipe in the net- and finally looking up to the pages of my trusted old book. The next thing I knew, I was baking this recipe. However, I could not share the recipe today as I ran out of time. I need to bake my cakes before officially packing up to head up to my hometown. Probably, I would share this cheese cake recipe after Eid, if time permits.



Life is even sweeter with cheese cakes around ;)


Meanwhile, I would like to wish readers and friends "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri" and "Maaf  Zahir Batin". May you enjoy your time with loved ones during this festive season. Have a Happy Eid, indeed...
 
Salam Syawal- Maaf Zahir Batin
(Happy Eid-ul-Fitr)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...