|Hot from the oven...|
|I have cut this brownies into squares|
|Ready to be packed off|
|Brownie Bliss by Linda Collister|
I'm hooked on brownies, any kind of brownies is good enough for me. Brownies seemed to have an important part in my baking agenda, that is why in my last post, I have baked brownies for a good friend of mine. I have baked these old-fashioned brownies based on the recipe by Linda Collister. However, I have twisted and adapt it a little bit, just to give a little bit of oomph here and there. Here goes;
100g cocoa powder- ( I used Hershey's)
140g unsalted butter ( I used SCS)
4 large eggs
140g plain flour
150g pecan nuts ( roasted and chopped)
* The original called for 150g walnuts
200g soft brown sugar100g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla pod (You can use 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence)- Scrape the vanilla pod.
1/2 teaspoon salt
** Grease your brownie tin with butter. Line the pan with parchment paper.
1) Firstly, melt the butter in a deep saucepan. Let it cool.
2) In a stainless steel bowl- using the electric hand mixer, whisk the eggs for 2 minutes, add in brown
and caster sugar.
3) After a while ( 2-3 mins), add in the vanilla. Next, add in the melted butter.
** At this stage, preheat your oven at 125C. ( for about 7-8 mins)
4) After that, sift in the flour and cocoa powder directly to the stainless steel bowl. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. Add in the salt.
5) After the mixture is fully combined, stir in the pecan nuts.
6) Put the mixture into the brownie tin, spread it so that it will be in the correct level.
7) Bake in the oven for about 20-25 mins or when you insert a skewer into the brownie, it comes out clean. Then, remove the tin from the oven.
8) Leave the brownie to cool in the tin for about 10- 15 minutes and they are ready to be removed and cut into pieces.
You can eat these brownies straight away or keep in an airtight container, and store them in the fridge.
* Serve them with vanilla ice-cream and you'll definitely fly. Fly to heaven, I guess... (hmmm)
Happy Monday, everyone....