Saturday, January 28, 2012

Levain's Macaroons

Lemon, Blueberry, Chocolate and Raspberry Macaroons

I went to Levain, a French-themed cafe in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, yesterday- and what I discovered was their macaroons, apart from the variety of buns and sweet bread. I bought them - six macaroons all together- for RM 19.80. They were quite cheap, considering that some shops were selling them for RM 3.90 per piece. Well, I would say that these macaroons were nice too, but I particularly liked those blueberry ones- they were definitely thumbs up for me. I do not want to rate them against any particular shop churning macaroons, but I personally think that if macaroons are not that sweet, we could always eat them in a go. I am yet to do another attempt on macaroonage, as I am too scared of the result - the last time I did try, the batter went straight into the bin- that is why it is safe to test and try macaroons at many sweet parlours. Those macaroons at Levain were plump with generous fillings, but for patrons- be warned for the limited parking space as there would be too many people especially during weekends. Colourful, plump macaroons with generous fillings, these are definitely worth it....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...