Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Nostalgic Marble Cake

Cut into squares

Close up view- the melting cake

A total heaven



I always have a fond memory of marble cake. As you see, when ever I remember marble cake, I will always remember my late grandmother. She passed away when I was just a fifteen year old clueless girl, but what an impact she had left me. In my heart, I remember her with a nice feeling, the kind of feeling reserved for a loved one. That is why I have always searched for the similar recipe of marble cake as baked by my grandmother. I couldn't get the original one, but I'm working on it. However, recently, I have come across an old fashioned marble cake recipe, and I jumped on the opportunity to bake this cake and bring it to my work place. It turned out to be a successful baking adventure. It has a nice soft texture and you will not stop eating it. In other words, you will not get bored of this cake. I liked this cake as it just melt in my mouth, and I kept popping it while cutting into squares. Eating this, brought out memories of seeing my grandmother baking in her old kitchen. Mean while, at the work place, my friends kept saying that this is the cake just like the old days, the ones being baked by grandmothers especially during Eid celebration. I totally agreed on that. Now, this is definitely going to be THE cake for this year's Eid celebration. Here goes the recipe- it's a 10 egg- marble cake recipe and I assure you, it's worth it.


Ingredients
10 egg yellow

10 egg whites

300 g castor sugar

315 g plain flour- sieved twice

*2 tsp double acting baking powder - sieve together

*2 tbp cocoa powder -sieve together

**400g butter (I used unsalted) } beat these two together in a bowl

**6 tbp sweetened condensed milk }

1 tsp vanilla



How

1) Beat egg whites thoroughly, (for about 3-4 mins), then add in the sugar. While beating the whites and sugar, add in the egg yellow. Then, add in vanilla. Beat well for 7 mins.

2) Stop the mixer, add in the butter and milk mixture, mix well.

3) Add in plain flour, mix well again.

4) Divide the mixture evenly into two big bowls. One bowl is reserved for the original butter mixture.

** In another bowl, combine the butter mixture and the cocoa powder. Mix well.

5) Line 9 x 9 x 3 baking pan with a parchment paper. Grease with butter.

6) Put 5 dollops/ spoons of butter mixture into the baking pan. Level it. Then put in another 5 dollops of the cocoa mixture. Do that alternately until done. Use a fork /skewer to mix the batter.

7) Bake for 1 hour - 180 C.




Cut into squares and enjoy it with a cup of hot tea/ coffee and you will know what I mean....
Happy baking everyone.....

2 comments:

fara dean said...

wow!!!!
nk sikitttt

nizaineese said...

boleh fara...
dah rasa kan.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...