Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Marble Cream Cheese Brownies


Marble cream cheese brownies


  I have been eyeing these brownies for quite some time. I have bookmarked this recipe from my recipe book, but keep postponing in doing this. The original recipe calls for ricotta cheese, but since only cream cheese is available in my fridge, I have decided to use cream cheese instead. Most probably, I will use ricotta cheese the next time I baked this. Apparently, I have baked other types of brownies, but not really having the opportunity to bake this.

    So, last Monday, I woke up early purposely to bake these brownies. My first time of doing this type of brownies. And it was definitely worth it... I came back with an empty baking pan. My students loved the brownies so much so that they asked to pack up for their siblings at home. I wished that I have baked more, so that I could savour some at home. Perhaps, some other time.
     
      These brownies are rich in flavour, of chocolate and cheese. Using only cocoa powder ( I have used  Cardbury's Bournville Cocoa Powder) and not baking chocolate as usual, the taste was simply out of this world. I have also used Philly's Cream Cheese, and soft brown sugar. My students commented that the taste was like eating a cheese cake. And I totally agreed. I regretted of not baking these brownies earlier. For this entry, I only managed to post the pictures of this baking sensation. I think I'll do another post for the recipe, at another time. Meanwhile, I would let  the pictures do the talking...




I brought this for my kids- and they finished it within 2 hours
  

The marbling effects...


Well, cream cheese and cocoa powder are definitely two ingredients of the recipe towards a happy, well deserved Monday morning.  Happy Thursday, everyone.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...