Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where's my baking mood anyway?


My dream kitchen- rustic and country with a table suitable for baking matters
(Picture : google)

It has been more than a month since I have updated my blog. Seriously, I totally lost my mood to blog or bake. There are simply too many things to be done at the same time. That's the problem of people who have a day job. The tasks at work are too overwhelming that we don't have the time to concentrate on our own passion. You see, I love baking very much, to the extent that I have to ban myself from entering the baking section of the book store. I always end up with baking books even if  I don't have the time to try out the recipes. Therefore, baking books become the "white elephants" of my domestic life. It is so therapeutic to flip the pages of the baking books but when it is the time to try  out the recipes, I go cold feet. Not that I like the feeling so much, but I could not bring myself to take out my mixer and do the usual ritual of baking procedures. Maybe I am stressed out with my job. Yes, maybe.

   A few years ago, when I started this blog, I remember that baking used to be my channel to release my stress. It was like a calling to me. But lately, due to the overwhelming tasks to be done at my work place, I found myself to be mentally tired. Well, it has been a few weeks that I have seen beautiful cakes in the net and thinking and wishing of me finding the mood to bake again- but to no avail. I have bookmarked some recipes, but yet I am still having the "baker's block" syndrome (Is there such thing as this- I coined this phrase from "writer's block" - only one wonders). I have seen pictures of cakes to be inspired. But it has done no wonders to me.

  Meanwhile, more than a month ago, I went to Empire Gallery in Subang Jaya and found some interesting things in one of the shops. One, as seen in the picture below, - "Baking Fair". Various colours of Kitchen Aid mixers and not forgetting the toasters. Pleasing to the eyes, definitely.

It's like going to the candy store...;)


Secondly, the one I have been looking for. As seen from the picture,-- macaroon and whoopie pie baking pan. Never mind that I need to spend more than RM 70.00 for that particular pan- as long as I finally found the one that I've been looking for, I am more than happy. I bought the pan at the end and it is now comfortably stored in my baking compartment, hmmm....still in its plastic........

Finally, a macaroon baking pan for me ;)
Well, probably I need to find my baking mood again. It  went hiatus for more than a month. But at the end of the day, only baking could cure my stress and boredom.


Yes, I should be inspired again by this Rainbow Marble Cake
that I have baked during the last Eid-ul- Adha.
Happy Wednesday every one, and may I be inspired to bake again as Eid-ul-Adha is just around the corner ;)



P/S : Really looking forward to go back to grandma's house in Rembau, Negeri Sembilan.



Having Eid's breakfast at grandma's house...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...