Monday, October 29, 2012

Rainbow Marble Cake @Marble Rainbow Cake



Rainbow Marble Cake
 



This time around, I just let the colour blend into each other
 


Cut into squares
 
 Marble Cake is always a winner in my household. It is easy, simple but delicious in its own way. My mother has always expected me to bring back this cake during Eid-ul-Adha. So, even though time to time I have always imagined myself to bake something else, rather than this colourful cake- I have no choice but to fall back to this recipe as it easier. The truth is, I have created this marble cake by chance last year. I wanted something which is simple, with less baking method, with easily available ingredients.Without referring to any recipes, I have managed to create my own marble cake.

   I remembered once doing this type of cake during my secondary years, following a recipe from a Malay women's magazine "Wanita" (Women in English). Eventually, I lost the the recipe. What I remembered most was the use of Ideal evaporated milk. So years gone by, but I still couldn't really figure out how to do bake this type of cake. What I knew back then, the cake was called "Kek Aidilfitri" (literally translated as Eid-ul-Fitr Cake). Then, based on the years of experience as as self-taught baker, I have managed to pull through.

   However, for this year, since my self-raising flour is still in the box, I have decided to bake this cake from scratch- no more using self-raising flour. In the previous post, I have mentioned about my adjustments for the Marble Rainbow Cake. I wanted to make it a better cake, in case there is no self-raising flour in the pantry. So here it goes;

THE CAKE

315g  of salted and unsalted butter ( I combined Golden Churn and SCS unsalted butter)
1 cup caster sugar
2 1/2 cup of plain flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of salt
8 eggs
1-2tsp of apple green colour
1-2tsp red and pink colour -combine them together
6 tbsp of evaporated milk ( I used Ideal)
1 tsp of fresh lemon juice

How


** Grease your baking pan with butter/ margarine.
**  Line your baking pan with parchment paper. (I have used the square baking pan)
1) In a stainless steel bowl, sift together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt .  Mix them through.
2) In another stainless steel bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
 (5-6 mins).
3) Then add in eggs, one by one. Mix through.
4) Add in the sifted flour bit by bit, until finished. Mix well.
At this stage, preheat the oven for 150C for 7-8 mins ( I used electric conventional oven)
5) Then, add in the evaporated milk. Stir the batter slowly.
6) Next, add in the fresh lemon juice. Stir well.
7) Now, divide the batter into three parts. The bigger portion, let it be in its original colour. Put three dollops of the batter into two different bowls. (One bowl =3 dollops) .
8) Colour the batter in the bowl with green, another one with red.
9) After that, put a dollop of the original batter in the baking pan, followed by the red and green batter. Let the batter meddle into each other. Do this until all the batter has finished. Level the batter using a spatula. Put the baking pan into the oven.
10) After 25-30 minutes, you can check if the cake is ready by inserting a skewer into the cake. If the skewer comes out clean, your cake is ready.
11) Let the cake cool in the pan, for about 7-8 mins. Then transfer it to a wire rack.


Then, it is up to you- to cut it into squares.


 



Simple, marble, butter cake is always the best- I guess
  Happy baking every one...;)

3 comments:

Sharifah said...

That's a beautiful cake.:) You have
a great blog, enjoyed the posts.

nizaineese said...

Thanks for visiting kak sharifah. Am honoured..Your blog has nice posts as well.

Revelation Logistics said...

Hi sis, can I know how many inc cake tin did you use for this? Also, I have noticed you did not use any vanilla ess for this recipe. Will this taste more of a lemon cake?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...