|Banana bread - a prime favourite with friends and family|
|Sprinkle some brown sugar on the banana bread @ cake and decorate it with roasted pecans|
I have never expected this creation of mine would be a hit among my friends especially. This banana bread recipe is created by me to fulfill the request of my son. I have done countless of baking experiments just to get the ultimate recipe. Each time would be a sold-out among friends and students. My son especially liked this banana bread, it is definitely his favourite. Therefore after, making some adjustments here and there, I am finally ready to share this original recipe of mine. This is simply an original version which really suited my taste bud. One tip to be shared is - please use very ripe bananas. I have used the Malaysian type of bananas - pisang emas or loosely translated as golden bananas. They are yellowish gold, small in size and very sweet. You could google the picture for "pisang emas". However, if it is not available, you could use other type of bananas as well, as long as they are ripe and yellow in colour. Please set your oven to 150C for about 7-8 mins, (I used electric conventional oven) before putting in your banana bread. I have used the loaf tin to bake this bread. Use roasted pecan nuts to decorate your bread. I have found out that these pecans gave another aroma to the banana bread. To do this cake, you could always roast your pecans in the oven beforehand. Now, here goes the recipe;
The Ultimate Bread (Recipe)
** Grease the loaf tin with butter, (here I used unsalted butter) and outline it with baking paper.
* Please do not use baking spray to grease this loaf, as the sides of the bread will turn out to be
very crunchy after baking.
* Set your oven to 150C ( for about 7-8 mins)
7-8 mashed pisang emas (golden bananas)
A handful of roasted pecans
1 tbsp of brown sugar (to be sprinkled on the bread)
4 large eggs
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of unsalted butter ( I used SCS)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of fresh milk - add one tsp of fresh lemon juice into the milk
2 tbsp of sour cream
1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of vanilla essence
**To be sieved together
2 1/2 cup of bread flour (high protein) - it would make the bread soft - you can always use the plain flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
11/2 tsp of nutmeg powder ( do not omit this- it is crucial to the taste of the bread)
1) Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a stainless mixing bowl.
Add in eggs, one by one. Add in vanilla essence.
2) Add in salt, the sieved flour, baking soda and powder, and also nutmeg.
Then add in the fresh lemon juice. Mix them well again.
3) Add in the fresh milk (which has been added with lemon juice). Next, add in sour cream.
4) Lastly, put in the mashed bananas. Mix well
5) Immediately, using wooden spoon, put the mixture into the loaf tin.
6) Decorate the bread with roasted pecans and sprinkle some sugar on it.
7) Bake the banana bread for approximately 45 mins- it could be longer- check if it is ready by inserting a skewer into the bread. If it comes out clean, then your bread is ready.
** Don't worry if there are cracks on the bread. That is the beauty of the banana bread.
Happy baking, everyone......