Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time is definitely an asset

I have always dreamt of living in an English cottage in the South England countryside





But time is definitely a hindrance on this





Miss all the nice things you've found in the lowlands. When peace comes knocking at the door step

(pictures; Google)







Last week, I had this dream. I went back to England, for a visit. Such a fun trip. I did not know what was the meaning of my dream. Am I missing something in my life? Or perhaps I am just tired with the every day's routines. The truth is, I am tired for these few weeks, I haven't even got the time to finish some of the books that I've bought. There are just too many things to be done at the same time, datelines, house cleaning. I need a vacation - English countrysides definitely. I remember my student's day of heading to the book store in the high street just after finishing my classes, rummaging the pages of the latest best sellers or even sitting on the bench, just watching people walking by or even walking in the canopy of maple trees when the leaves just turned yellow during autumn. I dream of a simple life, when nobody is going to chase you with datelines. I miss those days... time does not permit me to do things that I've wanted to do in this age. There are just so many things to catch up, perhaps the dream of going back to the place I discovered myself would be an ambition that I need to achieve. Not the SUV or MPV or even a BMW. But days spent in England would be fine for me...








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...